How to Scan Entire the Home Directory cPanel
This article explains how to check your account files for viruses, trojan horses, and other malware using the virus scanner in cPanel. You may scan individual files, public web and FTP directories, and email attachments.
The steps below will show you how to scan your web space and help you in keeping it clean.
1. Log into your cPanel Account
2. Now, search for the “ADVANCED” option and click on the “Virus Scanner”
3. After selecting the virus scanner, a new interface showing your options will appear.
4. Choose any choice that best suits your needs in this case, we will go for “Scan Entire Home Directory.”
5. Click on the “Scan Now”
6. You will see a message saying “Virus scan complete. No virus found” if there are no infected items. If the scan turns up any dangers, any of the following methods should be used to clear up the web files.
Disinfect: Harmful content will be removed from the file. Quarantine: Virus scanner will move the infected files to the following location. /home/USERNAME/quarantine_clamavconnector/ Destroy: Virus scanner will delete the infected files permanently. Ignore: Virus scanner will keep the infected files unchanged ( not recommended).
7. Now select Process “Cleanup”
In this way to can Keep the website secure and clean! Was this article informative to you? If you continue to experience issues with the above-mentioned solutions, please contact the eTechSupport Team.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn for additional information
How to Repair a MySQL Database in cPanel
March 16, 2023
How to use SFTP as a root
March 6, 2023
How to Repair an Unlimited cPanel Quota
February 16, 2023